When Dr. Adam Fedyk decided to become an eye surgeon over fifteen years ago, he had a simple goal: he wanted to help people see better. And perhaps because Dr. Fedyk doesn’t stop working to improve his skill set and patients’ outcomes, that goal was rapidly supplanted by a new one: to give his patients great vision, without the need for glasses or contact lenses. And after almost ten years at the forefront of innovative vision correction surgery, he’s made that target an attainable one.
MizzouAs a Curators Scholar, Dr. Fedyk earned a Bachelors of Science degree in Biology, which was conferred Magna Cum Laude. He served proudly as an executive in his fraternity, Delta Tau Delta. Dr. Fedyk then continued on and obtained his Medical Doctor degree in his home state of Missouri.
University of Texas-Southwestern
Parkland HospitalDr. Fedyk did his residency in ophthalmology at one of the most famous and prestigious programs in the United States, and the flagship medical training program in Texas.
Mason Eye InstituteDr. Fedyk returned to Columbia to do a Cornea and Refractive Surgery Fellowship at the University of Missouri.
- Volunteer Clinical Instructor at Washington University, where he serves to instruct in the resident clinic
- Director of the St. Louis Eye Institute, in St. Louis, Missouri and is proud to serve as the Team Ophthalmologist for the MLB St. Louis Cardinals.
- Recognized as a Board-Certified Member by the American Board of Ophthalmology
- Currently serves on the advisory board for Percept digital eyewear.
- Served as an investigator in over 60 national therapeutic FDA clinical research trials in ophthalmic surgery and treatment
- Presented research on emerging multifocal intraocular lens technology and refractive measurement techniques at national meetings for the American Society for Cataract & Refractive Surgery and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Dr. Fedyk is a Diplomate and Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, providing frequent lectures to the general public as well as physician colleagues, and often participates in educational radio and TV interviews
- Currently serves on staff at Barnes, St. Luke’s, Missouri Baptist and St. Clare Hospitals.
AwardsDr. Fedyk in 2013 was selected membership by the Fellowship of the American College of Surgeons.
He has been honored as a Healthgrades Honor Roll recipient, earning 4.8 stars out of 5 for his patient care.
In addition, he has received the Patients Choice Award from vitals.com, recognizing quality patient care in St. Louis.
Dr. Fedyk awarded a Top 10 Doctor on Vitals.com
Dr. Fedyk has been named one of the Best Doctors in America® for 2015-2020. The highly regarded Best Doctors in America® List, assembled by Best Doctors, Inc. and audited and certified by Gallup® results from exhaustive polling of more than 40,000 physicians in the United States.
A word from the Doctor“Dear Patient,
I am passionate about your total eye health. My promise is to carefully listen and to value your time while creating a customized treatment plan. I will provide the best resources for a lifetime of excellent vision and healthy eyes and do this with empathy, honesty, and respect.
It is my goal to provide not only the best medical and surgical care, but also do it in an efficient manner. I would like to get you in my office, listen to your story, diagnose the problem and then treat your problem appropriately, whether it’s medical or surgical, and finally get you out in a timely fashion.”
Adam R. Fedyk, M.D., F.A.C.S.